The Department of Clinical and Rehabilitation Psychology and Research at the NIEPVD is inviting online applications for various courses, including M.Phil Clinical Psychology, and Integrated M.Sc. in Applied Psychology.
More About NIEPVD
The National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Visual Disabilities (Divyangjan), also known as the National Institute for the Visually Handicapped (NIVH), is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It operates under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, supervised by the Indian government’s Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. NIEPVD offers workshops, events, and courses as part of its Special Educational Programmes, including RCI License courses.
NIEPVD is one of the seven National Institutes operating under the administrative control of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwDs), which is part of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment in the Government of India. These institutes have been established to address various aspects related to the empowerment, rehabilitation, and welfare of persons with disabilities in India.
The institute is affiliated with Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University, New Tehri.
Eligibility Criteria for Various Psychology Courses
M.Phil Clinical Psychology
Candidates must have scored at least 55% in their Master’s degree in Psychology to be eligible for the M.Phil Clinical Psychology course.
The candidates should have Graduation/Post Graduation in Psychology with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate, in order to be eligible for this course.
Learn more about PGDRP here.
Integrated M.Sc. in Clinical Psychology
Candidates should have completed their Class 12 in any stream. Psychology is not mandatory in Class 12th.
Click Here to apply now.
NIEPVD Application Fee
Here are the fees required in NIEPVD Applications for Psychology courses
- For General Category: ₹2,500
- For OBC Category: ₹1,500
- For SC/ST/EWS applicants: ₹1,000
- For PwD candidates: NIL
- Last Date to Apply: August 10, 2023
- Entrance Exam: August 19, 2023
- Exam Centre: NIEPVD Campus, Dehradun
- Results of Entrance Exam: August 21, 2023
- Final Admissions List: August 21, 2023, by 5:30 PM
The selected students must present the following documents at the time of admission –
- Valid Government ID proof with DOB
- Postgraduation mark sheet in Psychology (for M.Phil Clinical Psychology)
- Graduation mark sheet with Psychology in all three years or Postgraduation mark sheet (for PGDRP)
- Class 12th mark sheet in any discipline (for Integrated M.Sc. Applied Psychology)
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- NOC from employer (if applicable)
The total course fee for various programs at NIEPVD is available below –
- M.Phil Clinical Psychology: ₹2,40,000
- PGDRP: ₹70,000
- Integrated M.Sc Applied Psychology: ₹3,00,000
For the official brochure, click here.