How to Crack M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance - TIPS by Dr. Arvind Otta
M.Phil Clinical Psychology is 2 Year Post Graduate Program and best path to earn License of Clinical Psychologist in India. The Candidate who are interested to do M.Phil Clinical Psychology, they should have MA / M.Sc in Psychology / Applied Psychology with 55% of Marks to participate in Entrance Examination.
After completing the M.Phil in Clinical Psychology, the candidate gets a license to work as a clinical psychologist in hospitals, NGOs, counselling centers, rehabilitation centers, private clinics etc. Candidates can also start their own clinic. Clinical psychologist receives extensive training to diagnosis and treats of mental illness.
There are many RCI Approved Universities / Colleges / Universities who offer MPhil in Clinical Psychology. Click Here to see Complete List of Institute.
Admission Processes of MPhil Clinical Psychology
All institutions have their own processes and criteria but based on any one or a combination of two or three of the following:
- Entrance Examinations Based on MCQs
- Practical’s of Psychological Testing
How to Prepare for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance
Preparation of M.Phil Clinical Psychology relies on universities/institutions. They follow the different patterns and the distribution of numbers is also different but the syllabus is the same, that you can follow for the Entrance Exams. Before presenting the TIPS and recommendation for I would like to say that Falling in love with psychology is important if you want to crack M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Examination.
I would like to say that your Post Graduate Hand Written Notes is one of the best recourses for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Exam. If you don’t Have your self-written notes then ask your mentor and teacher provide the Notes.
Right strategies is the key of success in any Entrance Exams. Following points will help you to make the right strategies for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance:
1. Understand the Syllabus of Entrance Exam
This is very important to understand the syllabus to do the effort in the right direction. Make sure that your notes must be according to last year Entrance, you may use last year Question paper to understand the syllabus.
2. Important Books for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Preparation
As we discussed earlier in this article that your own hand-written notes are good choice because it’s difficult to read 10-15 books within timeframe with MCQs practice, but if you have the option of book only, then you should read the following book:
- Introduction to Psychology(8th-10th Edition): Rita Atkinson and Hilgard
- Social Psychology: Baron Robert
- Theories of Personality: Hall, Lindzey, and Campbell
- Human Development: Papalia and Sally Olds
- BioPsychology: James W. Kalat. BioPsychology, Key-Points written by Dr. Arvind Otta is also very useful Book for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Examinations.
- Cognitive Psychology: Robinson-Riegler
- Statistics: Quinn McNemar / Minium
- Research Method: James Goodwin / Lewin & Fox / A. K. Singh
- Psychological Testing: Ronald Jay Cohen and Mark E. Swerdlik
- Abnormal Psychology: Sarason and Sarason / R. Comer
- Clinical Psychology: Alan Carr / Hecker and Geoffrey
- Latest Advancement: Follow Psychology Journal or Magazine. You also refer to Psychologs Magazine published by Utsaah Psychological Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Studying Manual can also be important so go with anyone, choose DSM or ICD. I would recommend to study DSM-5
3. Practice through MCQs Questions
Practice through MCQs is also very important along with the Theory clarification for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Examination. There are no such dedicated MCQs book available for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance. There are few books available for other Exam that you can use but you need a kind of book who can guide your mistakes so online portal like UPS Education’s Test Panel is very useful because this online Portal not only correct your answer but gives you the complete insight about your test like correct answer, Explanations of correct Answer, Chapter / Topic wise report, Improvement report etc through Artificial Intelligence.
If you have any query call us at 9990717772 or drop your message in Comment Box.