The Kerala SET is a State Eligibility Test for the appointment of Higher Secondary School Teachers, Non-Vocational Higher Secondary Teachers, and Assistant Professors in the state of Kerala.
The L.B.S. Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram will conduct the SET Exam on behalf of the Government of Kerala.
There shall be two papers for the SET January – 2024 session: Paper I and Paper II. Let’s learn more about both papers in detail.
Paper I is common for all candidates, regardless of their academic background and the subject they choose. The Paper I consists of two parts:
- Part A: General Knowledge
- Part B: Aptitude in Teaching
Paper I will consist of 120 questions, divided equally into 60 questions for Part A and 60 for Part B. Each question will be worth one mark.
The Paper II is a subject-specific paper. The questions will be based on the subject at candidates’ postgraduation level. The Psychology paper shall consist of 120 questions carrying one mark each.
Both papers consist of Objective type Multiple-Choice questions. The Exam will be conducted in Offline mode on an OMR sheet. There will be no negative marking for any incorrect response.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Required
The minimum requirement for a pass in the State Eligibility Test shall be as follows:
|Category||Paper I||Paper II||Total|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||35||35||45|
Eligibility Criteria for Kerala State Eligibility Test
The candidates who have acquired a Master’s degree in Psychology domain with at least 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Kerala SET.
There is a 5% relaxation in marks for candidates from the SC/ST and PWD categories.
Important Key Notes:
- For the Psychology Exam, a B.Ed degree is not mandatory.
- Candidates who have obtained their qualifications through Correspondence Courses or Open Universities that lack recognition from any of the universities in Kerala are not eligible to take the SET.
- Those who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses or Open Universities and candidates who obtained their qualifications from a university outside Kerala must obtain and provide certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the universities in Kerala.
- The candidates should pass their final-year qualifying examination with minimum required marks within one year from the date of publication of the results of SET. If they are unable to do so, they will be disqualified.
There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for the State Eligibility Test (SET).
Application Fee for K-SET
To register for the Kerala State Eligibility Test, candidates should submit the online application form, along with the fee. The details for the fee are available below:
- For General/OBC Candidates: ₹1000/-
- For SC/ST/Differently-Abled Candidates: ₹500/-
Payment can only be made online, and no other forms of payment such as cash, money order, or cheque will be accepted. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable in any situation.
Candidates may apply by visiting LBS Centre for Science and Technology website.
Here is the schedule for the Kerala State Eligibility Test in January – 2024.
- Last Date to Register: October 25, 2023 (by 5:00 PM)
- Last Date for Online Payment: October 27, 2023 (5:00 PM)
- Correction Window: October 28, 2023 – October 29, 2023 (by 5:00 PM)
- Admit Cards: will be declared later
- Exam Date: will be declared later
The Date of the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate should be between September 26, 2022 and October 25, 2023. Certificates not within this date limit will not be considered.
Test Centres for Kerala State Eligibility Test
A candidate can select any of the following District Headquarters as a Test Centre. Once the district is selected, the candidates are strictly not permitted to change it under any circumstances. The final venue will be available on the Admit Cards.
Documents to be Produced by Eligible Candidates
The candidates who appeared and cleared the state eligibility test should send the following documents to the Director, LBS Centre, Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram for verification.
- Filled in application form for the SET JANUARY-2024 Certificate downloaded from the official website of the LBS Centre
- Copy of Provisional/Original Certificate and Marklist/Grade Sheet of PG Degree.
- Copy of SSLC/10th Certificate to prove name and Date of birth.
- Original Caste/Category certificate (valid during the online registration of SET-JANUARY-2024) of the candidate eligible for a relaxation of minimum marks for a pass
- Declaration in the prescribed format duly attested by the Principal, if the candidate is currently in the final year of their postgraduation.
Candidates who have been declared as successful in the test must submit their qualifying certificates, along with their application for the SET certificate, within one year from the date of the test results publication.
Learn more about Live Classes For UGC NET JRF/Ph.D and SET Psychology Entrance