The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the admissions to various PhD Programs including Psychology in the even semester of Academic Year 2023-24. Eligible students can apply Ph.D. in Psychology admissions from the link given below in this article.
About NIT Kurukshetra
NIT, Kurukshetra is one of the premier technical institutes in the nation. In 1963, the institution was established as a Regional Engineering College in Kurukshetra. On June 26, 2002, the institution was officially reidentified as the National Institute of Technology (NIT).
Besides of Ph.D. in Psychology, the institute also serves various courses like bachelor’s Programs, Master’s Programs, MBA, MCA, etc.
Candidates, who fulfill the prescribed qualifications will be eligible for the admission to Ph.D. program of the institute. The degrees earned via distance education programs will not be considered. The academic program as well as the university by which candidates are qualified must be recognized by AICTE or UGC. The academic degrees and academic program of the institute /university will be confirmed by the academic section before registration of the student to the Ph.D. program.
Minimum Qualification for Ph.D. Program at NIT Kurukshetra
It is essential for candidates to have a Master’s degree in Technology /Sciences /Engineering /Management /Humanities and Social Sciences OR equivalent recognized by the institute with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10-point scale OR relevant as specified by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded in the qualifying degree, or 60% marks in aggregate wherever the marks system is followed.
Students who have Master’s Degree must possess a full-time Bachelor’s Degree or relevant as per Ph.D. regulations 2023-24. Candidates, who belong to the category of SC /ST /PwD are provided a relaxation of 5% marks.
Click here to read the regulations of even sem PhD Admission AY 2023-24
The candidates are needed to submit a self-attested photocopy of each of the following documents /certificates /degrees with the application form and fee receipt.
- Matriculation Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet
- Master’s Degree Certificate and Mark Sheet
- GATE /CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF Certificate /Score Card
- SC /ST /OBC (NCL) /Gen-EWS/PWD certificate as per norms /format of Govt. of India. OBC (NCL) & Gen-EWS Certificate must be issued on or after 1st April 2023
- NOC from the employer in case of Part-time Candidates
Click here to fill out the Online Application Form.
|Starting of Online Application
|1st November 2023
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application
|30th November 2023 (5:00 P.M.)
|Tentative Schedule for Written Test/Interview
|26th to 28th December 2023
|Display of the result of scrutiny of applications on the institute website
|7th December 2023
|Conduct of Written Test (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
|From 10:00 AM onwards on 27th December 2023
|Issue of admission letter to the recommended candidates for admission in Ph.D. programme
|4th January 2024
- Applicants who want to pursue the program should make the Payment via SBI-I-Collect
- In case of admission, a student has to submit the Migration Certificate in original within one month from the date of registration
- Half /Incomplete applications and applications received after due date will not be accepted
- Under any circumstances, application fee will not be refundable
- In case of admission, a part-time candidate must submit a copy of the leave/relieving letter from the sponsoring Institute/Industry in the Office of the Dean Academic and concerned Department while enrolling for coursework
- The last date for completion of minimum educational eligibility criteria and all other documents/certificates will be the date of DRC /SRC interview