Kumaun University under the guidelines of UGC, announces holding of Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test (U-SET) in 27 disciplines including Psychology in the first week January 2024. The U-SET is being conducted for determining the eligibility of candidates for the appointments of Assistant Professors in various universities and colleges in the State of Uttarakhand.
This is a great opportunity for the candidates looking to work in Uttarakhand as an assistant professor in various subjects including Psychology but unfortunately couldn’t clear their UGC NET examinations. Let’s know the differences of UGC NET and SET exams.
State Eligibility Test, often abbreviated as SET is a state-level eligibility test conducted by most of the Indian States to determine the eligibility of students for the position of Assistant Professor in the respective states. On the other hand, UGC NET is a national-level eligibility test conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for the same purpose as mentioned above with its nation-wise validity. In short, the SET qualified candidates are eligible to serve as assistant professor in the colleges and universities (expect central Universities) located within the state where the SET exam is being conducted. Whereas, UGC NET qualified candidates are eligible to work as assistant professor in any colleges or universities (including Central Universities) in India.
U-SET Eligibility Criteria
Students should have completed their Master’s in Psychology with not less than 55% marks, from a UGC Recognized institution or any other equivalent University recognized by UGC and state Govt. A relaxation of 5% marks has been provided to students belonging to the category of OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD.
Age limit for U-SET
There is no Upper Age limit for appearing in U-SET Exam.
The seats reservation for U-SET Exam is as follows:
- 19% seats are reserved for SC Category Candidates
- 4% seats are reserved for ST Category Candidates
- 14% seats are reserved for OBC-NCL Category Candidates
As per the Govt. of Uttarakhand policies, Horizontal Reservation is as follows:
- 30 seats are reserved for Women Candidates
- 3% seats are reserved for Person with Disabilities (PwD)
- 2% of the seats are reserved for Dependent of Freedom Fighter (DFF)
- 5% seats are reserved for Ex. Indian Armed Forces
- 10% seats are reserved for Economically Weak Students (EWS) candidates
Exam Centers for U-SET
The exam of U-SET will be conducted in 16 cities that are as follows:
- Tehri Garhwal
- Srinagar Garhwal
Here are the important dates for the exam.
- Online Application Starting: 26 November 2023
- Fee Submission Starting: 25 November 2023
- Last date to submit application fee: 18 December 2023
- Last date of applying online: 20 December 2023
- Correction Window Date: 18 December 2023 to 20 December 2023
- Uploading of Admit Card: 1 January 2024
- Date of Examination: 7 January 2024
You can fill out the application form via the link mentioned below. The link is associated with Kumaun University Website. You can only fill out the application form online only. Application submitted in any other format will not be acceptable. Before applying online for U-SET, the candidate must deposit the required fee through links available under PAY FEE ‘button on the website. The link will take you to the payment gateway for depositing the fee.
Application Form: http://www.usetonline.co.in/
The fee for application form for Uttarakhand SET Exam is as follows:
General Category: ₹1400/- (Excluding the back charges if any)
OBC-NET /SC /ST /PwD Candidates: ₹840/- (Excluding the back charges if any)
Note: Candidates who belong to other states will have to make a payment of ₹1400/- irrespective of their category (SC /ST /PH /OBC /GENERAL)
The SET Exam will include two papers. The mode of question in both papers will be Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs). The timing and marking scheme for the exam is as follows.
|Number of Questions
|50 Questions (All Compulsory)
|9 AM to 12 PM
|100 Questions (All Compulsory)
|1 PM to 4 PM
- The application fee may be paid online or through a challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). Candidates should keep the printout of the application form and fee receipt for their furtherance
- Candidates from other states need to make a payment of ₹1400/- even if belonging to the special category
- Candidates should use their personal details like mobile number, Email, etc. for registrations as further communication will be made through the same
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to Prepare for U-SET?
The syllabus for State Eligibility Test (SET) and UGC NET Entrance Exam is same. Hence, candidates who are willing to appear for U-SET Exam should follow their UGC NET or U-SET detailed syllabus. This similarity allows you to leverage existing study materials, resources, and strategies designed for UGC-NET preparation to enhance your readiness for the U-SET Exam. By aligning your study plan with the UGC-NET syllabus, you can cover relevant topics and increase your chances of success in the U-SET Exam.
Also Read: All About UGC NET/JRF Entrance Exam