GMCH Chandigarh has announced the application process for admissions to M.Phil Clinical Psychology for the academic session 2023-2024. This news has been eagerly anticipated by students, and the full admission and eligibility criteria are now available.
Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) is a medical school and tertiary care hospital located in Chandigarh, India. It is affiliated with Panjab University and was founded in 1991. The college has a 36-acre campus in Sector 32, Chandigarh, and currently offers MBBS, M.Phil., MD, and MS programs.
Eligibility Criteria for GMCH M.Phil Clinical Psychology Admissions
- Applicants must have completed a regular 2-year MA/MSc in Psychology program with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC) marks in aggregate.
- Candidates who have appeared in their final examinations are also eligible to apply, but they must provide their passing certificate at the time of the interview.
Click Here to Apply Now.
Seat Matrix for M.Phil Clinical Psychology Course
Chandigarh Pool (85%): 7 seats out of a total of 8 seats is reserved for the candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from the institute situated in Union Territory, Chandigarh.
Note: The candidates must submit the duly signed and stamped certificate from the Principal/HOD of the institute to be eligible under UT Chandigarh Pool.
General Pool (15%): 1 seat is available for Non-Chandigarh candidates.
- Last Date to Apply: August 08, 2023
- Provisional List of Eligible Candidates: August 10, 2023
- Admit Cards: August 12 – August 16, 2023
- Date of Entrance Test: September 02, 2023
- Results and Merit List: September 04, 2023
- List of Candidates for Counseling: September 04, 2023
- First Counseling: TBD
The GMCH M.Phil Clinical Psychology Entrance Examination will be conducted in English language. The paper will comprise 100 questions, each carrying one mark. There is no negative marking in this examination. The duration of the exam is two hours (120 minutes). Candidates in the General Category must secure a minimum of 50%, and applicants belonging to the SC Category should accumulate not less than 45% marks in order to be eligible for the interview.
The syllabus for the examination is based on the Master of Psychology program. The specific venue details will be provided on the admit card issued to each candidate. Make sure to check your admit card for the venue information and other important details.
- Medium of Exam: English
- Number of Questions: 100 (1 mark each)
- There will be no negative marking.
- Duration of the course: 2 hours
- Qualifying Marks:
- General Category: Not less than 50%
- SC Category: Not less than 45%
- Syllabus: Master of Psychology
- Venue: will be available on the admit card.
Registration Fee for the application forms –
- For General/EWS Category: ₹2,000
- For SC/Third Gender: ₹1,000
The total fee for the course is around ₹52,000
The Institute will provide a stipend of ₹12,000 per month.
For Official Brochure, Click Here